JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
NEWS FOR SA WW I & WW II MIL VETS
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL WW I AND WW II VETERANS
Many WW I and WW II Military Veterans approach DMV and/or CMVO for military pension. The Military Veterans Act 18 of 2011 as promulgated on 5 December 2011 does not make provision for same.
The normal Government grant is administered by the Department of Social Development and has nothing to do with the Department of Defence and Military Veterans.
Military Veterans of WW I and WW II can approach The Department of Social Development for assistance additional to the “normal monthly government grant”. The following is an extract from their website.
All Veteran Organisations to bring this information to the attention of qualifying Veterans and please request them not to submit the requests/applications to the CMVO as we do not have the capacity to attend to it. It is not part of the service we render in terms of the above mentioned Military Veterans Act.
“A war veteran is someone who served in the First (1914-1918) or Second World War (1939-1945) or in the Korean War (1950-1953).
Beneficiaries who cannot look after themselves and need full-time care from someone else may also apply for a grant-in-aid in addition to their social grants.
The amount of the war veteran's grant, as from 01 October 2008, was R980 per month and as from 01 April 2009 it is R 1030 per month.
Men 60 years
STEPS TO FOLLOW
• All Applicants will be asked to complete an application form. CMVO does not have access to these forms.
• You will need to bring:
• Must not be in receipt of another social grant
• You must be 60 years and over or must be disabled
• You must be a South African citizen / permanent resident
• You must not be maintained or cared for in a State Institution
• You must be resident in South Africa at the time of application
INCOME LIMITATION AS AT 01 APRIL 2009: WAR VETERANS
Visit your Local or regional S
SSA service Centre”